As always, the venue of choice for a Wine 2.0 meetup is Bedales in Spitalfields Market. It was great to spend an evening with James Governor, Dennis Howlett, Hugh MacLeod, Kyb, Andy Piper, Richard Brown and Alan Wood.
I took some notes, and managed to break a (very nice) wine glass. Conversation topics included:
- “Social events” trump social networking (as the evening proved, events are an important part of networking)
- Enterprise Irregulars (must read this)
- Twitter (since January it seems everyone is talking about Twitter. James sees value. Others were not convinced. I’m getting closer and closer to trying it)
- “Darwinian algo-trading” (and a guy whose average trade holding is 7 seconds. Wowsers)
- Michael Marshall-Smith (a sci fi author James suggests I should read)
- Ray Ozzie, Lotus Notes and “MQSeries”
- What has happened to Scoble (mix of opinion, from “C-list” to “keep watching”)
- Thingamy (Hugh says check it out)
- Chris Barger
- Why doesn’t Bedales have wifi?
- Cars as avatars
- Why I’m a “f*cko” for not having my blog(s) and avatar name on my business cards (it’s true, and something I need to fix. My guerilla (not gorilla) Moo cards do get me most of the way there, but I ran out half-way through the evening)
Great fun. I am already excited about the next one.