I’m packing for SXSW tomorrow (Thursday) morning.
I’ve pulled together a (rough) schedule, thanks to the lovely SCHED (sched.org). This is a bit more complete than my previous list of things-not-to-miss. Of course, that list still contains the panel I’m sitting on (‘Stories, Games and Your Brand’) with Rachel Clarke, Jeremy Ettinghausen and Dan Hon. We might have a quiet time of it, since the Mark Zuckerberg keynote is scheduled to happen at the same time. So we’re going to be ultra-careful not to even mention you-know-what, in a first panelist to do so buys the beers type way. Isn’t everyone bored of it by now anyway? :-)
My event wishlist is long, but I’m particularly excited by Andy Baio‘s unpanel (including Merlin Mann and many more) entitled ‘Worst Website Ever: That’s So Crazy, It Just Might Work’ a chance for “smart people to be stupid” and propose their “worst possible startup ideas”, which sounds like it will be very funny.
- Saturday morning: Kick! – an informal kick-ball (whatever that is) game, hosted by Six Apart
- Saturday afternoon: Flickrite meetup
- Saturday evening: Google party
- Sunday night: Moo/Etsy/Timbuk2/Threadless party
- Monday night: 20×2 (Twenty speakers. One Question. Two minutes each)
- Monday night: The Great British Booze-up
Update: Note to self (and anyone else who is affected) it’s really really important not to forget that daylight savings time starts on the morning of 9th of March. (I don’t think it starts in the UK until the 30th of March this year.)