LEGO is full of WIN – my Interesting 2008 talk

Here are the slides and audio for the talk I gave at Interesting 2008 yesterday. 30 slides in 3 minutes.

SlideShare | View

I’ll post my notes on the day later when my brain recovers a bit more. Rest assured it every bit as interesting as last year. Update: my notes are here.

For now, see my Flickr set, interesting2008 on Flickr and
on Technorati.

Update: the Guardian are hosting a series of videos of the Interesting 2008 talks. Here’s my talk.

17 Comments »

1. Fun stuff – thanks for sharing :-)

Comment by DK — June 22, 2008 #

2. Loved your talk too Roo – well, the first 90 secs until I had to go and get ready for mine, so thanks for uploading it so I could enjoy the second half as well.

Comment by gemma — June 22, 2008 #

3. That was acebest Roo.

Comment by timdp — June 22, 2008 #

4. You’re right – LEGO rules! Thanks for sharing with those of us who couldn’t make it to the in-flesh version of Interesting!

Comment by Trippenbach — June 23, 2008 #

5. Genius. Just genius. Especially the ‘take a deep breath’ bit.

Comment by russell — June 23, 2008 #

6. “I like the pilot with the smiley face”. :-)

Comment by kyb — June 23, 2008 #

7. absofuckinlutely.

Lego is the reason to breed, Sandy ignores the instructions and just makes stuff. Today it was a totem pole mini fig, with 10 heads on.

Comment by mac — June 23, 2008 #

8. We need more minifigs and the like – we’ve only got bricks. We get quite alot of town planning happening in our house.

I can hear Ebay calling.

Roo! We missed your talk purely through my insomnia and inability to get up until 7.30. Then I completely failed to see you while we were there. Kin wrangling is… impressively difficult, it has to be said.

Comment by Cait — June 23, 2008 #

9. This is awesomely interesting. (PUN!) my 5 and 7 year old boys are what we call in the States: lego-manics. I will share this with them!

Comment by Rab — June 23, 2008 #

10. Um, that should actually read: Lego-maniacs. :-)

Comment by Rab — June 23, 2008 #

11. You were bloody brilliant! I dragged my poor husband to Interesting and you were the first person one. Thank god! He turned to me, smiled and said “you know this is going to be a good day.” And it was…

Comment by amelia — June 23, 2008 #

12. Thank you everyone. I had a lot of fun.

Comment by Roo — June 23, 2008 #

13. I promised I’d make notes about the rest of the day. I did.

Also, I can’t say how pleased I am to be getting links from MetaFilter and Tom Watson on the same day.

Comment by Roo — June 25, 2008 #

14. If anyone wants a bumper collection of minifigs to get them going, then Lego sell a Community Worker pack. All with classic Lego smiley faces, too.

Comment by Paul Mison — June 25, 2008 #

15. Finally managed to watch this – absolutely brilliant. Interesting how quickly people had to stop laughing so you could fit everything in! Real shame I couldn’t make it on the day but I think the people getting married on that day might not have been impressed if I’d traded their wedding for lego. I know which choice you’d have made though Roo ;-)

Comment by Gareth Jones — June 27, 2008 #

16. I guess I’m too late to the party? It has been taken down from the site….

Comment by Andrew Wooldridge — June 30, 2008 #

17. Umm.. nope. I don’t think it has.

Comment by Roo — June 30, 2008 #