- James was suffering digestive problems, perhaps from eating meat for the first time in ages (“pork flu”?). Red wine seemed to fix it though.
- Andy is an incredible resource. The man is a walking Google. Honestly. Ask him anything. It makes me want to improve my sieve-like memory.
- “It’s always good to have a halloumi in your back pocket” – James
- We got onto books, and quickly covered Long Tail, Blink, World is Flat, etc etc. Mark recommended ‘The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable‘ which sounds really interesting.
- Apparently I should subscribe to The New Yorker. If it means I get to read chunks of Blink before it’s turned into an overly long (and un-blink-like) book, I’m all for it.
- Mark is going to interesting2007 on Saturday (as am I, hurrah), and promises to introduce me to an antarctic explorer. Sounds interesting.
- Jimmy Carr walked past outside. I sprung out onto the street (to get a better look at his back I guess) and chatted with another guy also watching him walk away. Well, I say chatted, but it was more like saying “that was Jimmy Carr” to each other quietly.
- Pool is all about maths. I’m very bad at it, and don’t aim enough.
Thanks guys. Great fun.