Skip to content
- The Beach, Alex Garland – better each time I read it. And so much better than the film. Remarkable first novel.
- Paperweight, Stephen Fry – quite lovely, though bitty
- Richter 10, Arthur C. Clarke & Mike McQuay – pappy. Clarke came up with the idea and the story in 3 pages. McQuay did all the heavy lifting.
- 2061: Odyssey Three, Arthur C. Clarke – instantly forgettable.
- Last Orders, Graham Swift – won the Booker Prize in 1996. Deservedly so. Quite the best book I’ve read this year. If you have not read it, you really should